Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

"2016"

My husband and I decided to have dinner and movie night at home last night.  We rented a documentary called "2016" by New York Times bestseller author Dinesh D'Souza.  Wow!  What an eye-opener this was for me.  I admit, during the 2008 Presidential Election, I had mixed feelings about President Obama.  On one note, I thought, wouldn't it be a great time in history to elect our first African-American President, but something about him just didn't seem right.  When he spoke I got a funny knot in my stomach, like I couldn't believe anything he said and he had other motives.

Well, now this documentary brought everything together.  It all makes sense now.  The "apology tour" as the media calls it where President Obama basically went to other hostile countries and said we shouldn't have done militarily what we had.  Then also why President Obama supports "Occupy Wall Street".  Before watching the documentary, I did have the opinion that President Obama wants to cripple the poor.  I know lower-income individuals may not see it that way, but I have been lower-income before and have learned that the more effort we put into things, the more we can get.  If we keep having things given to us, we'll never learn how to earn it ourselves.  I've learned that idea from being a parent as well.  If I just give my children everything without them doing their chores...they will never learn how to care for themselves...and one day my children will be out of the house and they will have to care for themselves.

I am not against the poor.  I give tithes, I give clothes, food, money and my time to the less fortunate, because I had been where they are at, but I believe we need to teach them, not enable them.  I believe President Obama doesn't want to teach, so much as just give.  After watching "2016", I now know his other possible motives and it makes so much sense.  It explains why he has the attitude he does towards the 1% of the upper class. 

I just fear that President Obama has many Americans brainwashed into believing what he says, that he may win the election this year.  I pray that Americans open their eyes and realize that what he is doing is not helping our country, it is hurting.  I have personally seen the effects from 'Obamacare'.  I know someone who works in the medical field and has taken a pay-cut because of it.  I know parents who have had to pay higher co-pays for medication for their children even though their children are on State funded health care.

We have one week until election day and I pray that people are putting thought into their vote and not just voting for the guy who sounds or looks 'cooler'.  This is not college, this is our lives and our country.  We need to do research and take the election seriously...and if neither candidate is great, vote for the lessor of two evils. 

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.  Teach a man to fish, feed him for life."  ~Author unknown

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today.  Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime”—Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment